Welcome

Hope you enjoy your visit here on my blog.






Monday, February 3, 2014

Christmas Cards and Poinsettas

This post is a little over due, which I'm suppose to post back in december. It's been a well busy month or two for me. What I'm showing here are christmas cards I made. You know how much I love making flowers. Poinsetta's, this beautiful flower, how can it escape this year for christmas. I have two poinsetta dies that I purchase a while back (Spellbinders and Tim Holtz), and they've been sitting on my shelves for a while (unopen), so it's about time it comes out of the packaging.

I decided to use Spellbinders to make these poinsetta (no particular reason, just random). When I make flowers, I can't just make one, not my nature. I make a mass production of them, well sounds a lot, but not the commerial ones....when I say mass production, it's about 20-40 of them. Plus, this will take me a good few days (up to a week) to finish.


 
 
Above are two pictures of my poinsetta. I made them red and white. I loved how it turned out. I've adapted the technique I used from make flowers by Susan Tierney-Cockburn, that is veining, and molding. It gives it a 3D effect, a more realistic look. Then I used the sparkle mod podge to coat the top to give it a shiny look.
 
These flowers are now a part of my decorations for card-making. For the card I used Stephanie Barnard's Circle Flip-it framelit die. Love Stephanie's die, it makes card making so much easy and faster.

 
 
Another thing I made, is this little christmas house (not sure what you call it). I used Tim Holtz Luminary Die. Inside is a litle minion (made of quilled paper). Outsdie decorated with the poinsetta flowers.
 



Hope you like them.





No comments:

Post a Comment