Welcome

Hope you enjoy your visit here on my blog.






Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Birthday Heart Card

After watching these Youtube videos of Karen Burniston introducing her new line of pop-it-up. I couldn't wait to get my hands on those dies. I ordered a few from Elizabeth Craft Designs, gosh does E.C.D have a lot to offer from that website. Don't you just wish you got all the money to order everything you want.

Anyhow, once I got them in the mail I couldn't wait to start...but just didn't know where to start. My creativity for card making isn't all that good, but I would love to try. Especially from watching all of Karen Burniston's video, she made it so easy, and everything she picks seems to match/coordinates perfectly. Well, I thought I'll do birthday cards since I have a some friend's birthday coming up.

I used the Heart Pivot Card die to make the birthday cards since the month of February is also Valentine's Month. So it's a good idea to combine the both.

I first tried using plain cardstock, but it didn't turn out as nice as I would want them, even with the touch of pattern paper here and there. So I discard that idea.

Then I tried using pattern paper cardstock, and it turned out to be ok. I glittered a few hearts with red and gold sparkles to add as deco to the card just to give it some more colour. As for the stamps, they are from Stephanie Barnards's Stamp of Life Collection.

Here are both of the cards.
 
 
 
 

 Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment