Welcome

Hope you enjoy your visit here on my blog.






Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Card Making

I had made birthday cards before by drawing and sticking origami flowers on them, but lately I found a new way to making cards that are fun and easy to do. The best thing is that the end results are super amazing. I've got the cuttlebug machine for embross, the Circut machines (which I haven't used yet), and some punches out gadgets...so i'm excited to do some work with them. I am still a beginner with this and I am not so good with coming up with ideas, and still fiddling around with the circut machine.

Here are two cards I made for two friends birthday that I wanted to share.

This card is very simple, just emboss and used spark to hightlight the Birthday word. It took me quite some time to do it with the glue bottle I used. I don't really have those fansy glue most crafters use. The purple doll is also made from paper, using origami and quilling. It turned out pretty well and I liked it very much.

This is the second card, using the same birthday embross technique (Cuttlebug). I used paperscrapping, punch out, ribbons and origami rose for decorations. The rose is similar to the ribbon twisting one (not sure what it's called).






Also, I'm starting to do "Stamping" crafts now. I found a lovely website "Stamps of Life" and joined their club this week. It's a new type of craft I'm heading into, away from the paper folding. So, I can't wait to get started when I receive those stamps in the mail. Hope I can get the hang of it. I can do craft, but my designing skills are not that great, so I hope those cards I'm designing/making in the future won't look to bad.

1 comment:

  1. Wow your cards are so wonderful! A lovely blog that you have, I hope you have a wonderful upcoming week!

    ReplyDelete